Table Of Contents
Whether you are a smart home guru or you are just getting started, everyone wants to learn about what the best smart kitchen appliances are in 2019.
The kitchen is that place in your home where food and family come together and wonderful masterpieces are made. Last year we saw things really take off in this space. So many new options and so many new ways to make your kitchen smarter!
My top 5 best smart home appliances are listed below in no particular order.
- Amazon Basics Microwave
- iDevices Kitchen Thermometer
- Behmor Connected Coffee Maker
- Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Kenmore Smart Refrigerator
Amazon Basics Microwave
If you’re thinking about getting a microwave to have in your dorm room or small kitchen then I wouldn’t buy anything else. This has to be one of the most awesome things that we saw come out of the Amazon event in September of 2018.
The best part of this microwave is that you can pair it with your existing Amazon echo devices, making it completely hands-free if you want. The microwave itself is 700 Watts and 0.7 cubic feet, making it smaller and less powerful than many microwaves that are already in many homes.
So, in my opinion, it is much more suited to those with a smaller apartment or living the dorm life. Either way, it’s great to see Amazon taking steps forward when no other company has. If you’d like to find out more, check out the video below or take a read through the product reviews over here on Amazon.
iDevices Kitchen Thermometer
This was a big deal for my wife last Thanksgiving and really a game changer! She can actually enjoy a few minutes here or there with family on Thanksgiving instead of constantly having to hover over “that damn bird”!
We’ve also seen many different uses for it in the kitchen this winter. We have owned a few different thermometers. Overall I would say it’s a very good product and I can highly recommend it over the competition. A few of the features that I should mention here:
- Dual probe capacity to simultaneously track two temperatures whether you’re cooking a full turkey or two separate pieces of meat
- The Kitchen thermometer measures temperatures between -22° F (-30°C) to 572° F (300°C)
- 150 foot Bluetooth smart range; 150-hour battery life
- Magnetic Mounting with illuminated display
- One year limited warranty for device and 90-day warranty for meat probe
You can read the reviews and find out more over here on Amazon.
Behmor Connected Coffee Maker
I can’t say that I was excited about seeing yet another coffee maker when my wife showed me this on Amazon. But then after I read that it was compatible with Alexa I had to read on.
Personally what excited me was that I didn’t have to set a specific time for my coffee anymore. I could just tell Alexa to make my coffee and then get into the shower. No more waking up to burnt coffee. I gotta admit I like this one a lot. In fact, a lot more than I thought I would!
Best of all, this thing is LOADED with features!
- It has customizable, temperature control with a phone app for an easy, remote operation that allows you to control brewing temperature, pre-soak time and altitude for precision brewing.
- It integrates with Amazon Alexa – all you need is your voice to make a morning cup of coffee.
- This coffee maker has a direct connection with Amazon Dash and can replenish itself by automatically reordering beans or grounds, ensuring that you never run out of coffee again!
- You can create your favorite brewing profile and save it to your favorites or select from the app’s library. The Start button on the front of the brewer allows you to quick start brewing without the app as well.
- The pulsed water flow design ensures that all grounds are fully saturated and the pre-soak function adds water to the grounds before brewing allowing the coffee to fully bloom.
- It has temperature control from 190°-210° F with altitude calibration. This is critical for ideal coffee extraction. It’s recommended water temperature is between 195° and 205° F.
If you would like to check out the current price and reviews, you can find it over here on Amazon.
Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker
This is like a power tool for the kitchen! I love it! I can’t cook unless it’s on a grill! Well, at least that’s what my wife says. So sooner or later I knew, I just KNEW that someone would make something that would help me prove her wrong.
This handy dandy little smart tool is something that every guy should have kicking around the kitchen. If nothing else other than to prove his wife wrong for once! Check out the video above and if you’d like to read more about it, you can check it out on Amazon over here.
Some of the best features are:
- The Anova Precision Cooker brings sous vide to your home, so you can enjoy a cooking technique made famous by professional chefs for its incredible results.
- The sous vide cooking gives you restaurant-quality results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method. Food is cooked evenly edge to edge, with no worry of overcooking.
- It heats and circulates water in the pot, evenly cooking food to a precise temperature to guarantee perfect results every time. You can cook anything, from meats, fish, and vegetables to soups, and desserts.
- Easy to use – just attach the cooker to any pot, add water, drop in your ingredients in a sealed bag or glass jar, then press start. No fancy equipment required.
- A simple interface on the device to set the time and temperature manually – or use the Anova Culinary app to find your cook settings and hit ‘Start’.
- Wi-Fi connectivity enables you to start, stop, monitor or adjust your cook from wherever you happen to be
Kenmore Smart Refrigerator
Every year there are new smart home appliances released and every year my wife bugs me to get them all. If money grew on trees I probably wouldn’t be blogging to tell you about all this cool new smart home tech. So no, I don’t personally own one of these.
That said from everything I have read the Kenmore Elite Smart Refrigerator with its awesome new smart control app is absolutely worth the money.
The feature set for this new smart refrigerator is pretty genius:
- The Kenmore Smart App gives you the ability to control and monitor your refrigerators functions and provides peace of mind.
- It has a 24 to 36 cubic feet of capacity.
- The refrigerator has a “Simple Select” dispenser which features a sleek and uncluttered look, it also has a nicely framed design for filling large pitchers, coffee pots, and water bottles.
- Indoor ice maker, exclusive AirTight Crisper, Clean Flow Air filter, and LED lighting are all must-have features for maximizing organization and freshness of your food.
- Best of all it is compatible with your Alexa devices so you have certain controls that work with your voice.
If you want to check out this new smart refrigerator you can find out more about it over here on Amazon.
As usual, I’ll be updating this post with newer smart home kitchen appliances and products as they become available.
While you’re here you should check our recommended tools page to see what other smart home products we recommend on a regular basis.