So just recently I was sent a smart air conditioning controller from Cielo Breez for review. I must say I was rather impressed. If you remember, I wrote an article a while back about how to make your dumb air conditioner smart. Unfortunately, at the time I didn’t have a Cielo Breez to perform a review on. However, now that I’ve had a chance, I thought I would tell you a little bit about my experience.
It seems like the general theme is that we’re going to be seeing more smart air conditioning controllers in the coming year. The Cielo Breez has some really nice features though and will probably be in the running as a top contender.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the box is that Cielo is really thinking about it’s customers. Everything is boxed very plainly. You don’t have to go hunting for anything.
It comes with a USB power cable and a small mounting bracket. Heck, they even included screws and sheetrock hole covers. It’s a small package, but it’s everything that you need to get going.
Some of the best features of the Cielo Breez are:
- A complete range of smart air-conditioning controls on their mobile app, for example, temperature, fan speed, etc. Basically, any features that it picks up from the air conditioners remote control are what you will have at your fingertips.
- It has some pretty powerful scheduling features for your air conditioner. Whether it’s a mini split or a window ac unit. Which, in turn, will save you money.
- The Cielo Breez offers geo-fencing capabilities so that you can set it to turn on and off based on your location. That way you can automatically set your heating or cooling preferences for where you are physically located.
- Air filter status monitoring and reporting so that you know exactly when you’ll need to change your air filter. Making it very efficient to have in your home.
- The monitoring and reporting include usage history, action audit trail, saving tips, and maintenance tips.
- You can check the current status of temperature, humidity, and Wi-Fi signal strength both on the app and the device itself.
- It automatically updates on its own. So you won’t need to fiddle with that.
- Works with both new ductless systems and ductless systems that you already have installed in your home.
The install and set up of the Cielo Breez smart controller was pretty easy.
- With the Cielo home app first make sure you have the Wi-Fi on your smartphone turned on and you have a working internet connection.
- Next, you’re going to want to install the Cielo home app on your smartphone. So go to the Apple Store or Google Play Store. In the search field type in “Cielo home”. Once you locate the app install it, then open the app. Of course, whether you receive notifications from the Cielo home app is up to you.
- Since you’re a new user select “register” to create a new username and password for your account.
- Once you’ve logged in you can register your smart controller for iOS or Android following instructions in the smart controller menu. This will use the app to connect the smart controller to your home network.
- Next, to register your smart controller, you’re going to tap on the plus symbol at the top right of the home screen and select “begin registration”.
- Then go to your Wi-Fi settings and connect your Wi-Fi to the Cielo device.
- Now you can go back to the home screen of this Cielo home app and select your Wi-Fi network from the list and then enter the password of your Wi-Fi network.
- Now you are registered and you can select a device name.
- The last step in the setup is that it’s going to ask you for the model number or your air conditioning unit remote (NOT the air conditioner itself). If you look on the back of your remote control, you should find it’s model number. Then you can select it from drop-down list and select done.
If you allow location access it will enhance functionality by showing the real-time status of your Cielo Breez. The best part is that once you’ve connected everything you can enjoy additional functionality by configuring your perfect air smart controller to work with Amazon Alexa or the Google Home assistant.
Cielo Breez can save you up to 25% on your AC’s energy bills according to their website. I can’t personally verify that as I have not been using the product long enough yet. I will report back here when I can verify those numbers.
Once I have a chance to really test this out over the course of the next summer I’ll be able to add more to this review.
From what I have seen thus far it’s a rather impressive smart device that will add value to the smart air conditioner controller space and is definitely worth trying out.